Whole duck recipes plum sauce is everybody’s favorite thanks to its tasty plum sauce. Beside other whole duck recipes such as Chinese whole duck recipes. Here are two duck recipes that go really well with the sweetness of plum sauce.
Whole duck recipes Plum Sauce You Could Try
Classic Roasted Duck with Plum Sauce
4-5 pounds whole duck
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 sprig coriander leave
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
- Cooking oil
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 tablespoon plum sauce
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Sugar and salt
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
How to Make
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C
- Remove any excess fat and then clean and dry the duck.
- Rub salt and pepper all over the duck.
- Put the duck on the rack and place a roasting tray beneath it to catch the dripping fat.
- Let the duck roast for about an hour and half until the fat all gone and the skin turns into beautiful golden brown color.
- Prepare a steamer and steam the roasted duck for about 60 minutes to soften the meat texture.
- Take the duck out of the steamer and make long cuts over the breast, but don’t cut through.
- Prepare a wok and heat some cooking oil. Deep fry the duck for about 15 minutes until the skin is crispy.
- While letting the deep-fried duck to rest for ten minutes, it is time to prepare the best part of all whole duck recipes plum sauce, which is the plum sauce itself.
- Heat cooking oil on a sauce pan and mix tomato sauce, chili sauce, plum sauce, corn flour, sesame oil and Worcestershire sauce together with some sugar and salt. Keep stirring until the sauce is thickened.
- Slice the duck and serve it with sliced tomatoes, coriander leaves and the plum sauce.
Peking Style Whole Duck with Plum Sauce
4-5 pound whole duck
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ chopped chutney
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 1 sliced orange
- 1 ½ teaspoons vinegar
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Sugar and salt
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 pieces green onions
- Chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- 2 tablespoons plum jam
How to Make
Peking style whole duck recipes plum sauce is the star of all duck cuisine and this is how you make it:
- Clean the duck thoroughly and remove all the giblets and excess fat. After that, dry the duck well with kitchen towel.
- Prepare a small bowl and mix ginger, white pepper, cinnamon and cloves there.
- Take one tablespoon of the mixture and spread it inside the duck’s cavity.
- Mix the remaining mixture with soy sauce and rub it evenly on the duck.
- Chop green onions and put it inside the duck’s cavity as well.
- Cover the duck well with plastic and let it rest inside the fridge overnight.
- Steam the duck for about sixty minutes. Don’t forget to check the steamer every once in a while, add some water if necessary.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C and then roast the duck in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare a small bowl and mix honey and soy sauce there.
- Use cooking brush to rub the honey and soy sauce mixture all over the duck and then put the duck back into the oven. Increase the oven temperature to 260 degrees C.
- After five to ten minutes or when the skin has turned into beautiful golden brown, take the duck out of the oven.
- While resting the duck, let’s make the plum sauce. To make the plum sauce, mix plum jam together with vinegar, chutney and sugar.
- Serve the duck with orange slices and parsley as garnish along with the plum sauce.
Those recipes are pretty easy, right? So what are you waiting for? Head to the store right now and cook those delicious whole duck recipes plum sauce.