Whole duck recipes Jamie Oliver are the best for a reason. The tastes are simply out of this world. Here are two of Jamie Oliver’s most popular recipes that you will like. After that you can compare with other duck recipes such as Chinese whole duck recipes
Whole Duck Recipes Jamie Oliver are below
Roast Duck with Marsala Gravy
4-5 pounds of whole duck.
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup Marsala
- 2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 2 big carrots
- 2 onions
- 1 clementine
- 6 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper
How to Cook
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C
- Crisscross the duck’s surface with knife to allow the seasonings to absorb.
- Rub the duck evenly with salt, pepper and five-spice powder. Make sure the seasonings reach and cover every part.
- Cut the clementine in half and put them in the duck’s cavity along with the bay leaves.
- Put the duck on a tray and place it in the oven. Let it roast for around 90 minutes.
- Cut the garlic into half and then slice the onions and carrots.
- After 90 minutes, remove the tray from the oven. Lift the duck up for a while so that you can scatter the carrot, garlic and onion slices onto the tray. After that, put the duck on the vegetable slices and put it back to the oven for about thirty minutes or until the duck’s skin looks crispy.
- Whole duck recipes Jamie Oliver always become more special because of the gravy. So now, let’s make the delicious gravy sauce while letting the duck rests.
- Mash together the flour with the carrots, onions and garlic.
- Put the mashed mixture on a pan, pour the Marsala and cook them over medium high heat.
- Pour the stock and let it boil until the gravy is thickened.
- Slice the duck and serve it with the gravy sauce.
Roast Duck with Crispy Potatoes
4-5 pounds whole ducks. Reserve the giblets.
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 2/3 cup red port
- ½ grated nutmeg
- Zested oranges
- Chopped celery
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic
- ½ stick cinnamon
- 3 onions
- 1 ginger, chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- Some bay leaves
- 4 pounds potatoes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
How to Cook
Among other whole duck recipes Jamie Oliver, this one is pretty complicated and has lots of ingredients. But if you follow these steps carefully, you definitely can cook it perfectly.
- Chop together nutmeg, orange zest, some of the rosemary and one tablespoon salt.
- Rub the mixture on the duck evenly, cover with plastic and leave in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Put orange slices, garlic and the remaining rosemary inside the duck’s cavity then put it on the bars of the upper shelf of the oven.
- Put celery, carrot, onion, cinnamon, ginger, bay leaves along with the chopped giblets on a roasting tray. Place the tray beneath the duck and let the tray catch the duck’s dripping fat.
- In the meantime, boil the potatoes with salted water.
- Sixty minutes later, take out the vegetable tray from the oven and put the vegetables and duck giblets along with the fat on a large pot. Separate some of the duck fats for later use. Pour the chicken stock there and let them boil together.
- Put the boiled potatoes in the oven, add some duck fat, salt and black pepper and let it cook beneath the duck for about sixty minutes.
- Put two tablespoons duck fat on a sauce pan and mix it with flour and red port to make gravy.
- Now that the duck has been roasted for about two hours, take it out of the oven, put it on the plate and let it rest for ten minutes before slicing it and then serve it with the gravy. That’s all it takes to make one of the most delicious whole duck recipes Jamie Oliver