Do you want to have special thanksgiving duck recipes? Do you want to play with duck beside of turkey for this year`s thanksgiving? Yes, it is true that you are able to substitute the turkey with duck. You will not gain enormous meat like turkey on top of the dinner table, but you will get tasty and juice duck meat.
For you who want to try serving duck meat rather than turkey this year on Thanksgiving Day, then you can pick one of two delicious thanksgiving duck recipes that we will share on this article.
Do not worry, those thanksgiving roast duck recipes are not too hard to cook. As long as you follow the entire instruction, you will be able to present the best duck dish for Thanksgiving Day.
Some of Thanksgiving Roast Duck Recipes
The Simplest Thanksgiving Roast Duck Recipes
Feeling bored with turkey every Thanksgiving Day? Well, if you have enough with turkey, you can substitute it with duck. It is possible and it is also easy enough to cook duck for Thanksgiving Day.
There is one simplest recipe from many thanksgiving duck recipes that you should try. If you want to try it, you should have some ingredients like:
- Whole duck 2 pieces (5 to 6 pounds each if possible)
- Chicken broth 6 quarts
- Kosher salt as much as you need
- Fresh black pepper 1 teaspoon
How to Cook the Simplest Thanksgiving Roast Duck Recipes
If you have the entire ingredients, then you can start learning about how to cook with using one of the simplest thanksgiving duck recipes. Follow these instructions:
- When you want to cook with using thanksgiving duck recipes, make sure to store the duck meat on the refrigerator 1 day before you cook it.
- Remove the duck meat from the refrigerator 20 minutes before you cook it.
- First, prick the duck skin with using a fork. Do not pierce through the meat.
- Grab a large stock pot and boil the chicken broth. Do not forget to add the kosher salt too.
- Add duck meat on the stock pot and boil it again.
- If it is boiled for the second time, lower the temperature and let it boil once again.
- Grab a roasting tray and start covering the surface with duck fat from the stock pot.
- Preheat your oven to 200 Celsius degree.
- While waiting your oven ready, you can dry the duck meat before roasting it.
- Arrange the dry duck meat in the roasting tray, and roast it inside of the oven for about 30 minutes.
- After that, remove the duck from the oven and cover it with aluminum foil. Roast it again inside of the oven for about 20 minutes.
There are many kinds of duck recipes you try and one of them are thanksgiving duck recipes, but this recipe is the best and the simplest recipe. If you like, you can add more ingredients to improve the duck meat taste.This step by step also the same when you want to try cooking with using thanksgiving duck breast recipes.
Thanksgiving Duck Recipes with Orange and Ginger Glaze
Thanksgiving is special day especially if you have many family members. Because it is a special day, then you should prepare something special to eat.
If you want to celebrate the Thanksgiving Day with your family member, you can try cooking thanksgiving duck recipes with orange and ginger glaze.
That recipe is good enough for you who bored enough with turkey and want something new on Thanksgiving Day. If you want to make it, you only need to prepare some ingredients like:
- Whole duck 1 piece
- Sugar 1 tablespoon
- Water 1 tablespoon
- Dry white vinegar 2 tablespoons
- Cider vinegar 1 tablespoon
- Orange juice 2 ounces
- Fresh ginger 2 tablespoons (chopped)
- Duck stock 16 ounces
- Orange 2 pieces
How to Cook Thanksgiving Duck Recipes with Orange and Ginger Glaze
- First, you should preheat your oven to 190 Celsius degree when you want to cook thanksgiving duck recipes with orange and ginger glaze.
- While waiting, grab your roasting tray and place the duck meat on it.
- Season the duck meat with using salt and pepper lightly.
- Roast it inside of the oven for about 45 minutes.
- Grab sauce pan and start combining sugar and water. Turn it into caramel.
- Add wine, ginger, vinegar, and also orange juice.
- Reduce it by half and add the duck stock. Boil it.
- You are ready to taste thanksgiving duck recipes with using orange and ginger glaze.
Note: if you want to cook thanksgiving duck recipes, make sure to prick the duck meat before you roast it.
If you prick the duck meat properly, it will not only improve the taste of the duck later. It is also reducing the fat from the duck when you roast it. Pricking the duck meat is the key to achieve delicious thanksgiving duck recipes. If you bored with turkey dish, do not worry. Just try one of those two delicious and simple thanksgiving duck recipes.