Thai duck recipes will be a delicious dish for many people, especially it’s for special occasion as family dinner. Thai duck recipes can be cooked with a lot of different ways. There are many great ingredients that can go well with many Thai duck recipes. Many people say that Thai duck recipes are also could give good delicacy as other duck recipes from other part of the world such as southern duck recipes, Indian duck recipes, etc.
Inspired by Asian taste, now Thai duck recipes have been a quiet popular dish in many parts of the world. In today’s article, we will share delicious recipes of Thai duck. The first recipe is Thai duck recipes using Italian basil. The second recipe is Thai duck using red curry. One of them will surely be the star in your dinner!
Some of Thai Duck Recipes
Thai duck Recipes with Italian basil
What you need to prepare:
- 2-3 boneless duck breast halves (each is about 7.5 oz.)
- 4-5 green or red Thai Bird chilies, crushed (you can replace them with ½ of diced green bell pepper)
- 4-5 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 4 tablespoons of peanut oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into ¼ pieces
- 1 thinly sliced of red bell pepper
- 1 cup of Holy Thai Basil leaves or Italian Basil
- 4 tablespoons of chicken stock
- ½ sugar
How to cook
- First, you need to season the duck breast with pepper and salt. Place the duck breasts with the skin side down. Fry duck breasts about 7 mins in over medium high heat. You need to wait until the skin has rendered most of the fat and crispy. Turn them to the other side for another 3 to 5 mins. The interval temperature is around 120°F.
- Second, turn of the heat and rest the duck breasts for around 10 minutes.
- Third, prepare a large bowl, mix the green/chilies pepper, garlic, oyster sauce and fish sauce. You will smell smelly thing, you don’t need to worry. Then cut the duck into 1/7 slices which are across the breast.
- Fourth, mix the duck breasts with the marinade in the large bowl you prepare before. Let them rest about 30 mins in a room temperature.
- Fifth, you need to heat oil in fry pan or wok with the heat of medium high. You can add onion and bell pepper and stir them in the fry for 1 min. Add sugar and chicken stock for 1 min. Then, add the mixture of the duck and stir. After that, add the basil and stir.
- The last, you should cook the duck breast until they are warm and cooked. For this one of Thai duck recipes. It will better to serve them with brown or white Jasmine rice.
Thai-style duck red curry
What you need to prepare:
For the spice paste
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds
- 4-5 black peppercorns
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 5 red chilies without seeds, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
- 3 lemongrass stalks, chopped
- 5-6 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 cm or 1 piece of fresh and peeled finger root, chopped
- Pinch of turmeric
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 2-3 lemongrass stalks, chopped
- Splash chili oil
- Splash Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of palm sugar
For the duck
- 3-4 duck breasts
- 8 spring of onions, sliced
- 400 ml can of coconut milk
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 1 red pepper without seeds, sliced
- Ground pepper
- 15 baby aubergines, halved
How to cook
- First, you need to dry-fry the coriander seeds, cumin seeds and peppercorns in a frying pan without using any oil for about 4-5 mins. This is to release the flavors.
- Second, prepare a food processor. Add shallots, chili, ginger, garlic, lime leaves, lemongrass, fish sauce, cinnamon, turmeric, palm sugar and chili oil. Blend all of them until it turns into a smooth paste.
- Third, season the duck with the salt and place it on a cold frying pan. Cook it in a medium heat. For the breast, cook them for about 5 mins then turn it over to the other side for 5 mins again until it’s brown. Place a tablespoon of paste until it smells good.
- Fourth, add coconut milk and stock. Bring them to be boiled.
- Fifth, Cook aubergines and red pepper for about 5 mins until the duck is completely cook.
- The last, serve with rice in four or five plates.
Both of these Thai duck recipes are amazing and simple to cook. You can always watch the tutorial video for clearer instructions. Good luck!