Sweet duck recipes are waiting for those of duck recipes lovers to celebrate the coming festive day. Are you going to have an important family dinner when Thanksgiving comes? Do you have a plan to cook duck to treat your family and friends in amazing dinner at your house? Duck is indeed an amazing main cook dish. So many option of duck dish you can have such as Rotisserie duck recipes, romantic duck recipes, skinless duck recipes, oriental duck recipes, fried duck recipes.etc.
In today’s article, we are going to share 2 amazing sweet duck recipes that will guarantee your visitors to enjoy every duck meat they eat. The first recipe is sweet duck legs which are cooked with star anise and plums. The second recipe is sweet duck with red vermouth.
First sweet duck recipes: Sweet duck legs cooked with star anise and plums
What you need to prepare:
- 3-4 fat duck legs
- 3 teaspoons of five-spice
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 handful of star anise
- 2 tablespoons of Demerara sugar
- ½ of stick cinnamon
- 16 plums, destones and halved
- 2-3 fresh red chilies, sliced and deseeded
How to cook:
- First, you need to place 3-4 duck legs in a bag (a sandwich bag will be okay) complete with the soy sauce, star anise, olive oil and cinnamon stick. Let them for at least 2 hours to be marinated. You can place this in your refrigerator for 2 days to get the flavors together and to marinate them more.
- Second, take a pan, high-sided or casserole tray for roasting that can fit the duck legs perfectly.
- Third, place plums, sugar and chilies in the bottom part of the roasting tray. Then, pour the marinade you’ve prepared from the bag over the top. You can use your fingers to mix it all up. After that, you can place the duck legs on the top.
- Fourth, in an oven with 325°F or 170°C, you should place the tray for at least 2 ½ hours. You can need more time to have the meat completely falls of from the bone. Remove the cinnamon stick and star anise and you should taste the sauce. See, if you need more seasoning or add little amount of soy sauce.
- The last step now is up to you for the way you want it to be served. Chinese pancake is certainly appetizing as the starter. Or you can serve it with noodles or rice and complete with the jammy plum sauce, chunky which the ducked has cooked before.
Other Sweet Duck Recipes
Second sweet duck recipes: Sweet duck with red vermouth
For the second recipe, it will take 1 minute for preparation, 2 minutes 15 seconds for the cooking time. You need one duck as the yield.
What you need to prepare:
For the marinade
- 3-4 cups sweet red vermouth
- 1 teaspoon of light brown sugar
- 1 table spoon of garlic powder
For the rub
- 1 full head of garlic minced or crushed
- 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar
For the duck
- 1 teaspoon of tarragon (optional)
- 1 duck
How to cook
- First, you need to place the duck in a roasting pan complete with lid.
- Second, heat sweet vermouth in a mixing bowl for about 34-55 seconds in your microwave until it’s warm enough to be dissolved with sugar. Then, mix it with garlic powder and sugar.
- Third, by using a syringe for marinating, you have to saturate the duck along with the liquid mixture. But if you want the easiest way, you can just prepare a glass for pouring the last of marinade to draw into the syringe you’ve prepared. If you choose to add tarragon, you can rub it on the duck now.
- Fourth, you have to mix the ingredients for the rub. Then, rub them down on the duck until all of them are rubbed equally.
- Fifth, in a preheated oven at around 350°F, you have to place the duck. Wait until it cooks beautifully and serve them hot.
So, which one of the sweet duck recipes you want to cook?