Southern duck recipes will be something you want to get if you already tried the duck foods or other duck recipes such as from our other guide. Many people are in love with the foods made of duck. There are so many styles of the foods which you can find, including duck leg recipes or even the southern style. Surely, from the title, we are going to share some ideas regarding to the recipes of the yummy duck in Southern style so called as southern duck recipes.
Southern duck recipes could give particular flavour. Many of you might be in love with the Southern style of duck foods and the ideas and recipes below might be really inspiring for you to have it a try since the Southern style recipes of ducks are actually easy to try and make. Here, we are going to share two southern duck recipes with some tips which might be helpful for you to get the yummy ducks. Ducks really have the good taste and many people say that it is much better than chicken but surely the texture is also different. That is much tougher and even a bit chewy.
The skin of duck is also really different from chicken. The ducks’ skin is much thicker. Sometimes that is thicker than its meat. The smell is a bit different. That is why there are so many people who love ducks much better than chicken. That is why here we are going to share some southern duck recipes for any duck lovers.
Southern Duck Recipes of Ours Which You Could Try
- One whole duck, special for this one of southern duck recipes, clean it and remove the giblet and the excess skin and fat
- ¼ tbsp black pepper
- ½ tbsp of the kosher salt
- Kitchen strings
- ½ cup of oranges marmalades
- 1 ½ tbsp of molasses
- Some pinches of the grounded ginger
- A tsp of lemon juice, better to use the fresh one
- Some pinches of dried red pepper which has been crushed
How to Make:
- The ready to cook whole duck’s legs can be tied together using the strings. Get it chilled properly in about a day or at least ten hours.
- Remove duck from the refrigerator for about ten to fifteen minutes, while you also preheat your oven to the temperature of about 400° F. Then, you can prick the thigh, leg, and the duck’s breasts using fork. Then, you can rub the duck using the black pepper and also the salt thoroughly.
- Place the duck with the position of the breast sides up onto the oven rack. Then back it for about 60 minutes.
- While waiting for the duck is ready, you can stir the other ingredients including the oranges marmalades. Boil the mixture properly using the high temperature of the heat and then reduce it to the medium temperature and cook it for about ten minutes while you are still stirring it properly till is reduced.
- Take the duck out from the oven and brush the entire duck using the orange glaze which has been prepared. Then, get it back to the oven which has been reduced to about 300° for about 30-40 minutes. Then, it is ready to be served.
- Two wild ducks, clean it properly
- ½ tbsp of salt
- A tbsp of flour
- A pinch of pepper
- ½ cup of fresh water
- ¼ cup of onion which has been chopped
- 2 tsp of butter, or you can also replace it with margarine, then melt it
- Some slices of lemon
- Orange sauces
How to Cook:
- Put the duck which has been cleaned properly onto the rack using the roasting pan.
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper properly by stirring it. For this southern duck recipes. Sprinkle the flour mixture to all over the ducks thoroughly.
- Mix onion, water, and butter properly and pour the mixture to the roasting pan.
- Then, you can bake the duck in the temperature of about 450° for about 45 minutes. You can also check it till the thigh and also the drumstick are easy to be moved. It is ready to serve with the orange sauces.
Those are some of the ideas of the southern duck recipes which anyone can try for easy.