Scarsdale diet is one of healthy choices among dieters that want to achieve faster results of losing weight. Designed by a real physician, the Scarsdale requires dieters to serve meals consisting of 22.5% fat, 43% protein, and 34.5% carbohydrates. Those who really stick to the plan could lose about ten to twenty pounds.
This is a diet program done within two weeks. It is extremely terrifying to hear but if you know the proper information, methods and ways to do Scarsdale diet, you will successfully reduce the weight. If this is your first time to try the Scarsdale, you need to read following basic information.
The basic information of Scarsdale diet
Like other methods of dieting, Scarsdale diet wants you to avoid certain foods and only have determined ones. Do not ever dare to change the foods. You need to be always sticking with the plan in order to get a successful diet.
No alcohol or alcoholic beverages like wine and beer.
- Only mustard and ketchup (free of sugar) but no condiments or mayonnaise.
- Prepackaged salad dressings are not allowed. You are only able to have vinegar vinaigrettes and lemon.
- Lentils, peas, corn, and any type of beans shouldn’t be on your list except wax beans or green beans and avocado.
- No matter what kind of potatoes are available on the market, don’t give a chance for yourself to eat them, whether white, sweet, red, and yams.
- When drinking tea or coffee, it is forbidden to have additional cream, sugar, honey or milk. Things you are allowed to add in your coffee or tea are lemon and artificial sweeteners like saccharin, aspartame, truvia, or Splenda.
- Any kinds of margarine and butter are a big no.
- Energy drinks, protein bars, meals to replace drinks, and protein drinks are not even a choice.
To reach maximum weight loss with Scarsdale diet
Dieting is aimed to help people living the healthy life and at the same reduce fat from the body. Scarsdale diet also has the same purpose and if you want to achieve the best results, then you must know several tips related to this method.
- Normally people need 2000Kcal (women) to 2500 Kcal (men) per day. But this diet requires dieters to at least consume calorie from 8500 to 1000 calories per day.
- Almost all of us know that the skin of chicken is really delicious and tempting, especially when fried until crisp. We do not want to miss that part and some of us would save the last for the best. But if you want to stick with the plan of Scarsdale diet, the skin should be removed. Not only from chicken, fats in any form of meats should be gotten rid of.
- Drinking enough water helps us to reduce fats and improve the metabolism. You need to have about four 9-ounce glasses of water and you may add lemon in it.
- When we are watching TV or playing video games or reading books, sometimes we have a habit to chew snacks. This is not allowed in Scarsdale diet.
- You eat only when you are hungry but do not eat until you are full. This is what to do to with Scarsdale diet.