Sauce Duck recipes can be great to cook if you bored enough with any other grill or roast duck recipes. Beside of that, duck dish which is served with using special sauce is also better than grill or roast duck dish.
Unfortunately, you will need more time to cook sauce duck recipes. It is because you still need to cook the duck meat and the sauce that you will use to serve it too. However, it is worth enough to cook sauce duck recipes, if you want to taste special duck dish. You will agree with us about it after you have tried to taste it.
For you who want to try cooking duck dish with using special sauce, you can try duck in plum sauce recipes or the other sauce duck recipes that we will share through this article.
Sauce Dark Recipes of Our Collection
Sauce Duck Recipes Using Port and Garlic
The first sauce duck recipes that we will share to you is using port and garlic. The sauce which is made with using port and garlic as the main ingredients will improve the taste of the duck meat.
If you want to make this recipe, then you have to prepare some ingredients like:
- Whole duck 1 piece (heart, neck, and gizzard should be reserved)
- onion 1 piece (quartered)
- carrot 1 piece (chopped coarsely)
- celery stalk 1 piece (chopped coarsely)
- water 4 ½ cups
- butter 2 tablespoons
- garlic 6 cloves (sliced)
- ruby port 1 cup
- all purpose flour 1 tablespoon
How to Cook Duck in Sauce Recipes Using Port and Garlic
- First, cut of the whole duck into small pieces.
- Grab a saucepan and put in the duck heart, neck, and gizzard. Add onion, celery, carrot and water. Boil it.
- Reduce the heat and let it cook for about an hour. After that, strain the duck stock into the medium saucepan. Reduce the duck stock into 1 cup only by cooking it for about 15 minutes.
- Grab a skillet and melt down 1 tablespoon of butter. Add garlic and sautée it until turn into golden brown color. Add port and boil it.
- Add the duck stock into the skillet and boil it again. Reduce it into 1 cup.
- Mix it with 1 tablespoon butter and flour. Do not forget to season it with salt and pepper to increase the taste.
- You only need to serve this sauce with the duck that you have roast or grill.
- Well done, you have made the first sauce duck recipes.
Duck in Plum Sauce Recipes
Beside of port and garlic, duck in plum sauce recipes are also having great taste. The taste of the plum and duck meat will blend nicely.
If you prefer to blend your duck dish with plum taste, then you should try cooking this sauce. For cooking this kind of sauce duck recipes, you need to prepare some ingredients like:
- Shallot 1 piece (chopped finely)
- Olive oil 1 tablespoon
- Dark red plum 250 grams (cut into half, stoned, and cut into small pieces)
- Demerara sugar 50 grams
- Red wine 50 ml
- Beef stock 300 ml
How to Cook Duck in Plum Sauce Recipes
- First, you need to cook the shallot. Cook the shallot but do not make it turn into golden brown color. Cook it just for softening it.
- Add sugar and plum with the shallot that you have cooked. Stir it until the entire sugar has dissolved.
- After that, you can add red wine with the beef stock. Simmer it for about 15 minutes.
- Cook the sauce until it is thickened.
- Serve the duck that you have grilled or roasted with using this sauce.
- Voila, you have made nice sauce duck recipes with plum.
Actually, you are able to increase the ordinary grilled or roasted duck recipes into something new just with using sauce duck recipes. From those two sauce duck recipes, which one will be your favorite?