Dough, Vinegar, and end recipes are the same, the difference is only boiled egg. Submarine has a boiled egg in side of if while other kind of pempek such as lenjer, dos, and pempek kulit do not have.
1 Dough ( this cake mixture )
- Powder of Sago : 1 Kg
- Wheat powder: 2 ounce ( see the comparison of this two kinds of powder. Between wheat and sago ). Sago is the prominent material while wheat is only combination to make the dough become soft not not hard.
- ½ kg Fish Meat ( use the skin of the fish for the materials of skin pempek), find Spanish Mackerel Fish or Fresh water fish named Gabus. Local people are commonly use the two kind of fishes for making pempek lenjer. Try first to find these two fishes if in case you can not find them try other white meat fishes and the fishes does not have so many bones.
- Garlic, 2 chopped ( blended )
- Sea salt,one spoon
- Some about edge ( ¼) of spoon of flavor enhancer
Direction, next step of dough processing
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl, Combine and pour with fresh water. Make it good mixture such is for cake mixture.
- Preheat of a boiling pan, set the heat in 100 Degree C.
- Make the dough /cake mixture such as long roll, the diameter and the length is depended upon your style.
- Pour the mixture slowly into the boiled water one by one.
- Stir slow the mixture, continue boiling it. First time the mixture is pour into the pan they will sink and will come slowly to the surface or floated this signs that the mixture had cooked.
- Filter the mixture or pempek lenjer, set aside and allow the pempek lenjer to cool for some hours.
- After pempek lenjer has been cool enough cut them, the size will be depended upon your desire. Fry the cuts of pempek lenjer until the color become golden brown but not dark brown. Allow to cool for some minutes, due to this can serve hot or cool.
2.Vinegar- Pempek Lenjer
- 1 kg Palm Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoon Artificial Vinegar
- Garlic: 2 ounce ( for this pempek lenjer Peel the garlic)
- 2 tablespoon of Dry Shrimp
- 5 litter of fresh water
- 1/2 ounce of Bird’s eye Chili, stalk removed
- ½ ounce of tamarind ( seeded )
- 1 tablespoon of Sea Salt
How to make
Combine and blend all above ingredient with the water, filter it removed all the unfiltered, and after that cook until it boiled.
This end recipes as the additional recipes for completing the menu at the time of enjoying the pempek lenjer..
- Young Cucumber : 1 ( thinly sliced )
- Dry shrimp powder : 1 tablespoon
- Black Pepper Powder for seasoning, the amount depended your desire.
It is the time to enjoy this pempek lenjer. Should you have any idea for this development, kindly send your comment. As a recipe enthusiast I will accept any kind of suggestion from anywhere.