Pempek Dos is one of varieties of pempek Palembang, this is the simplest pempek but the delicacy taste is still comparable to the other kinds of pempek. This type of pempek is sold out more rather than the others, due to the easiness to make and the cost is relatively cheaper than the others. Everybody should be able to make this pempek dos.
The most significant material of this pempek, it does not need fish for the dough ( cake mixture is usually using egg ). So whenever you need to make it you do not need much time to think due to the materials are easy to get, there is no need for you to go to fish market to buy mackerel Spanish fish or try to fish in a river to find Gabus Fish as the alternative. Just make simplest cake recipe ( dough )
Pempek Dos Ingredients
- 125 g wheat flour
- 300 grams of flour starch / Sago
- 250 ml water
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped of blended
- 2 eggs ( alternative – some guys never use egg for making this pempek dos )
- Flavor enhancer
- salt and pepper to season
The Process of making Pempek Dos
The way of making Pempek dos is basically the same with how to make other kind of pempek palembang such as kapal selam, pempek lenjer,and pempek kulit. Thus if you have experience in making other kind pempek, it is much sure that you could make this type of pempek too. Because others need more complicated in term of ingredient and the process of making it.
- Put flours ( wheat flour and sago ) in a bowl
- Pour all ingredients such as garlic, salt, egg, flavor enhancer, powder broth,and salt.
- Pour some water then stir them well. until it forms good combination such as for cake mixture.
- Form the mixture. The size much look like cake, do not too thick cause it will be difficult to boil it.
- Boil the water to 100 c
- Place the cake ( pempek mixture ) into the boiling water one by one
- Boil them until floating. Lift and drain. Let cool for a while
- Fry the pempek until brownish yellow. Lift and drain. Serve alongside cuko or chili sauce.
- Red chili : 5 ( Blended )
- Garlic : 3 ( blended )
- Eye Bird Chili : 8 ( blended )
- Brown Sugar : 150 g ( thinly slice)
- Vinegar : 3 spoons
- Water : 400 ml
How making it
- Preheat a saucepan
- Just boil water after heat 100c
- Pour the ingredients, but not yet vinegar
- Stir well
- Pour vinegar
- Turn off the stove and filter the vinegar,… enjoy pempek dos