Paprika is categorized as spice. The usage of it in cooking is well known around the world. As the result of that, you will be able to find different types and you should know about it before you start using it for cooking purpose. Some of menus using this ingredient is quinoa salad with asparagus with feta and still many others.
The reason is clear; it is because each paprika is having specific purpose. Some of it is used for coloring the food, some of it not only give color, but also spice on your food. Do you want to know about what kind of its powder? If you want to know about it, then let`s learn it through this article.
4 Different Types of Paprika Powder for Cooking Purposes
The first type that you often use for cooking is the regular one. This powder is made from it and other hot spicy. However, even it is mixed with hot spicy, it is having neutral flavor. It is not too spicy. This type is good for garnishing and off course giving bright color to your food.
If you do not like to add any spicy ingredient to your food, but you want to add the sweetness, then you better to choose the sweet type. The sweet type usually labeled with Hungarian sweet paprika.
For you who prefer to have hot taste than spicy, then you can grab hot paprika. It is made from dried chili pepper and the taste is almost the same like cayenne, but it is not spicy at all.
If you are looking something spicy, then the best choice is smoked type. Smoked type is smoked in oak wood. That is why; this type is having spicy taste. Smoked one is available both in sweet and hot version.
One of Paprika Recipes
Some different types. Now, we will show you about how to use one type of paprika to make special recipe. You will see, about how to make smoked paprika chicken salad. For making this special recipe, you will need to prepare some ingredients like (4 servings):
- Chicken breast : 2 pcs (boneless, skinless, and cut into cube)
- Smoked paprika : 1 teaspoon
- Garlic salt : ¼ teaspoon
- Olive oil : 1 tablespoon
- Red wine vinegar 1 ½ tablespoons
- Olive oil 3 tablespoons
- Dijon mustard 1 teaspoon
- Garlic salt ¼ teaspoon
- Honey 1 teaspoon
- Olive : ¼ cup (chopped)
- Hardboiled egg : 3 pcs (chopped)
- Cherry tomato: 1/3 cup (chopped)
- Red onion : ¼ pc (thinly sliced)
- Romaine lettuce : 1 head (chopped)
- Avocado : 1 pc (chopped)
How to Make
- Grab your saucepan and start sauté the olive oil,
- Stir the chicken, garlic salt, and smoked paprika. Let it cool.
- Grab a bowl and mix the entire dressing ingredients.
- Grab other bowl to toss the entire salad ingredients, chicken, and also dressing mixture.
- You are ready to serve it on the plate.
Note: if you do not like to use the smoked paprika, you can substitute it with other different types of paprika.