Duck is cooking ingredient that has been chosen to make a delicious meal. Although the duck meat has hard texture, but with French duck recipes the duck can be very soft. French duck recipes shall be a culinary connoisseur’s choice. This is because French cuisine has characteristics with the taste was so delicious. For those of you who love French cuisine, here are two French duck recipes you can try at home. The first recipe is duck Confit and the second recipe is Duck Marengo.
Duck Confit recipes
First French duck recipes is duck confit. French duck recipes has become the most luxurious and well liked. Parts are used in this cuisine is the thigh. The duck thighs will be soaked with oil obtained from the fat duck.
Generally, for this cooking process takes a long time almost one a day. But there is a quick way to make duck confit which takes 4 hours. This is an easy French duck recipes to make duck confit with a time not too long.
Ingredient of duck confit
- 4 pieces of duck thigh
- a little Pepper
- 150 g of salt
- 5 cloves of garlic that has been crushed
- 8 bars thyme coarsely ground
- 700 g fat duck that had melted
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
How to make duck Confit:
- Make an incision in the entire thigh, this intended to allow the flavors easily seep. Mix salt, pepper, garlic and thyme. Rub all the condiments on the thighs until evenly distributed. Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar to taste and store in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Clean the remaining seasoning still attached. Place the thighs in a container and then pour used oil duck. Add the chopped thyme and garlic to strengthen the taste.
- Roasted duck thigh that has been marinated duck fat for 4 hours at a temperature of 150 C. To make the thighs are tender, raise the temperature to 180 C within 15 minutes.
- Duck confit ready to served with warm rice.
Marengo duck recipe
Marengo is a second French duck recipes. This type of cuisine is using only part of the duck breasts and then mixed with champignon mushrooms and other ingredients. In the restaurant, duck Marengo sold with expensive price so not everyone can afford it. But do not worry if you want to try it you can cook it yourself at home with French duck recipes bellow:
Ingredient of duck Marengo
- 200 g breast of duck, cleaned
- Champignon 100 g mushrooms cut into thin strips
- 30 g Margarine
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 200 g tomatoes, diced
- 30 ml of liquid whipped cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- Taste cheese, grated for topping
How to cook duck Marengo
- Prepare skillet, heat until melted margarine. Then enter the onions have softened, stir-fry until browned and smells wonderful.
- Enter the duck breasts, mushrooms and tomatoes. Stir all ingredients until mixed with margarine.
- Add salt, pepper and whipped cream liquid. Stir all ingredients until cooked.
- Before leaving, make sure it feels just right. If not, then add less material.
- Lift duck Marengo ripe and ready to serve.
That’s two French duck recipes that you can try at home are the proof the duck recipes have so many choices. You can make both these dishes to the daily meals menu or for entertaining guests. All existing materials as prescribed can be obtained easily. How to cook is also very simple that anyone can do. Make two French duck recipes above as the best recipes in the cooking of meat duck with a distinctive flavor and delicious taste.