Duck Leg Recipes are ones recipes belong to duck recipes which are still comparable with other part of duck to enjoy, such as duck egg recipes or duck breast recipes. Do you have plan to make dinner for someone special? You can use duck leg in place of red meat. Duck leg is cheaper than the other parts of the duck, but it has more flavor.
It will be a perfect meal for those who like to eat. We will give you duck leg recipes that are from world-class chefs. The recipes are very simple, easy to follow, and you don’t need too much side dish for serving. Have a look.
Duck Leg Recipes You could Try
- 4 duck legs
- 4 tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 tsp. five-spice powder
- 1 handful of star anise
- ½ cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 fresh red peppers. for this one of duck leg recipes,remove the seeds and slice
- 16 plums. Cut halves and remove the stones
- 2 tbsp. Demerara sugar
- Add soy sauce, five-space powder, star anise, cinnamon stick, and olive oil into a sandwich bag.
- Place duck legs into the bag and marinate the legs. Leave the marinade for about 2 hours. Keep it longer than 2 hours to get more flavor. The marinade can last for two days if you keep it on the fridge.
- Preheat the oven at 170.
- Prepare high-sided roasting tray. Spread Demerara sugar on the bottom of tray, and place red peppers and plums.
- Add the marinade over the top, and mix marinade sauce, red peppers, plums, and sugar evenly with your fingers.
- Put duck legs on the top.
- Place the tray into the oven, and roast for 2 to 2½ hours, or until you see the meat separated from the bone, and skin is crispy.
- Remove any star anise and cinnamon stick.
- You can add more soy sauce if you think it is need more seasoning.
- Serve it with rice or noodles.
- 2 fat duck legs
- 2 potatoes
- Few fresh thymes sprig
- Preheat the oven to 200 or 400.
- Place duck legs on small roasting pan with skin-side down. Sear the legs over medium heat on the stove. When you get golden skin and oil coming out the meat, turn the legs.
- Take the pan out of the heat.
- Slice across the potatoes into one inch pieces. Cut into 4 pieces more per slice.
- Place the potato around the legs, and add thyme sprigs over the top.
- Add salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Put the pan into the oven, and roast for 2 hours. Turn the potatoes occasionally, so you will get evenly crispy potatoes.
- Take the tray out when the meat falls away from the bones, or when 2-hours is up.
- Serves it with salad to make additional flavor of this one of duck leg recipes.
You can keep the leftover meat for future use if you bag it and store in the freezer. This one of duck leg recipes can even last up to 2 months. You can serve this roasted duck legs and potatoes with bitter green leaves salad or fennel salad. Orange juice or lime juice is enough to be dressing sauce. So what about these duck leg recipes? They are easy, right? We’re sure your dinner partner will be amazed with the meal created with these special duck leg recipes.