Duck entree recipes are appropriate to increase your appetite. It is common to serve duck entree as the appetizer in the formal dinner event. Actually, many people love with any duck entree recipes. Even some people said that they prefer to eat the duck entree dish rather than the main course or other duck recipes.
Do you like too with duck entree dish? Do you want to learn about how to make of it? Well, if you want to learn about how to cook nice duck entree, then you have come in the proper place.
We will share two delicious and healthy duck entree recipes through this article. We will share the duck confit entree recipe and duck breast entree recipe. Read and practice with following the entire step by step that we will share through this article.
Duck Entree Recipes,You Should Try
Here are some important ingredients that you need to have for cooking the first duck entree recipes:
- Whole duck leg 12 pieces (with thigh if possible)
- Coarse kosher salt ½ cup
- Dried thyme 1 tablespoon
- White peppercorn 2 teaspoons
- Bay leaf 2 pieces
- Garlic 15 cloves (peeled)
- Rendered duck fat 7 ounces
- Water 1 cup
- Vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
How to Cook Confit Duck Entree Recipes
- For cooking delicious duck entree recipes, first, grind the kosher salt, dried thyme, white peppercorn, and bay leaves.
- Remove the entire fat from the duck legs. Place it on the bowl and cover it. Store it inside of the refrigerator.
- Rub the entire duck legs with the mixture that you have grinded before.
- Put the entire duck leg inside of the sealed bag with garlic clove.
- Store it inside of the freezer for about 24 hours before you can cook it with duck entree recipes.
- The day after, preheat your oven to 190 Celsius degree.
- While waiting, grab sauce pan and put the duck fat with water. Boil it until the water evaporated. Make sure to boil it with lowest heat level.
- Clean the duck legs from the salt mixture. Dry it.
- Put it inside of the roasting tray and pour the duck fat on the roasting tray too.
- Cook it for about 3 ½ hours inside of the oven. Make sure to cover the entire duck legs with aluminum foil.
- When the duck legs have soft texture, you are ready to remove it from the oven.
- Well done, you have made the first duck entree recipes.
Here are the entire ingredients that you should prepare for cooking the second delight duck entree recipes:
- Duck breast 1 pound (boneless and skinless)
- Kosher salt ½ teaspoon
- Extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons
- Shallot 1 piece (chopped finely)
- Pomegranate juice 1 cup
- Chicken broth ¼ cup
- Cornstarch 1 teaspoon
- Fresh parsley 2 teaspoons (chopped)
How to Cook Duck Entree Recipes with Pomegranate Sauce
- The first things that you should do for cooking the second duck entree recipes are preheating the oven to 190 Celsius degree.
- After that, season the duck breast with using salt. Sprinkle and spread the salt to the entire duck breast.
- Grab your skillet and pour the olive oil. Use medium heat. Cook the duck breast until it turned into golden brown color.
- Transfer the duck breast into the roasting tray. Cook it inside of the oven for about 12 minutes. Tips for cooking duck entree recipes, the bigger the duck breast size, the longer you need to cook inside of the oven.
- While waiting your duck being roasted, you can come back to your skillet. Pour the shallot with pomegranate juice. Boil it.
- Reduce the pomegranate mixture into half.
- Mix the chicken broth and cornstarch in the small bowl.
- Add the cornstarch mixture inside of the skillet too.
- Let the pomegranate sauce thickened.
- Remove the duck breast from the oven and slice it thinly.
- Well done, you have made special duck entree recipe. Serve the duck breast with pomegranate sauce dripping on the nice plate.
After learning about confit and duck breast entree recipe, you will not need to worry anymore when you want to throw a formal dinner with special guest. Even you are only known 2 duck entree recipes, but those 2 are the best for improving your appetite.