There are so many duck crown recipes. In this article, there will be two duck crown recipes, those are Roast Crown of Duck with Young Turnip and Crispy Crown of Duck with Bigarade Sauce. As some other duck recipes, these duck crown recipes can be improved with some innovations.
Duck Crown Recipes You could try
Roast Crown of Duck with Young Turnip
This is duck crown recipe that very simple to done. The ingredients of this duck crown recipe is also so easy to find.
2 duck crowns
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Chineese five spice
- 340 grams baby turnips, it must be peeled and trimmed
- 170 grams green olives
- 1 shallot, chop it well
- 125 ml red wine
- 425 ml chicken stock
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 55 grams butter
- 2 tablespoon chives, chop it.
For the salad
- 340 gram green beans, cooked
- 1 chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoon groundnut oil
How to cook
The procedure to cook the duck crown recipe is the important thing in this duck crown recipe. Here are some step to cook one of duck crown recipe,
- First of all, heat the oven up to 200 C.
- In the roasting tray, heat one tablespoons of olive oil, and sear the breast of the duck crown for 5 minutes. Put them to the plate and prick the skin.
- Mix well the Chinese five spice with remaining oil. Then brush them over the breast and put the crown back to roasting tray.
- Boil the turnips in the salted water until it blanched. Then drain them and place in the roasting tray with the crowns.
- Roast the turnip and the crowns about 10 minutes. Add olive oil, and roast for 5-7 minutes more.
- Then remove them from roasting tray and put to a warm place.
- Add the shallot to the oil and cook it until it getting brown.
- Add wine and heat until it’s volume reduce about half.
- Put the shallot and wine on to a clean pan, add the stock until it is reduced by two third.
- To make a sauce, strain a sieve to a pan, then season and beat in the butter. Separate the bone from the breast. Add turnips, olive, and the chives to sauce, and boil them.
- While the sauce is boiled, make the salad by mixing together the shallot and the beans. Whisk together the remaining ingredients, and use this to dress the salad.
- Cut the breast, serve with turnips and sauce poured on it.
- One duck recipe is done.
That is all one of duck crown recipe. That is not the only duck crown recipe. There is one more duck crown recipe, that is Crispy Crown of Duck with Bigarade Sauce.
Crispy Crown of Duck with Bigarade Sauce
One of duck crown recipe that is very easy to served is Crispy Crown of Bigarade Sauce. This duck crown recipe is a classic recipe of Galton Blackiston.
2 Gressingham duck crown
- 4 tablespoon honey
- Pinch of salt
- 1 lemon
- 3 oranges
- 45 grams light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Rapeseed oil
- 4 duck wings
- 100 ml duck stock
- Ground pepper
How to Cook
This part is the main part in this duck crown recipe. There are 8 steps that can be done, but they are easy to do.
- Peel the lemon and the orange, then squeeze them until the juice is squeezed.
- Set the frying pan into low heat, then put sugar and wine vinegar. Cook them until they become caramel.
- On the other frying pan, heat a splash of rapeseed oil and fry duck wings until it become brown. Add the citrus juice to the browned duck wing. Cooke them for a few minute, then pour the stock. Bring to boil and turn down the heat, then simmer for 45 minutes.
- Cut the citrus, add to a pan of boiling water, and cook until it drain thoroughly.
- Pass the sauce into a pan and season with salt and ground pepper. Sauce is ready to served.
- The next part is the steps of cooking the duck. First, Put honey and a pinch of salt into saucepan with 4 tablespoon of water. Boil them, then turn off the heat.
- Paint them to the duck and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 200 C, then roast the duck for 10 minutes. Lower the heat to 180 C, then continue to cook futher for 30 minutes until it’s skin become crispy and golden brown,
- One more duck crown recipe is ready to served.
That’s all two duck crown recipe, Roast Crown of Duck with Young Turnip and Crispy Crown of Duck with Bigarade Sauce. Those two duck crown recipes are easy to practiced.