Classic duck recipes are the best thing to cook if you want to serve great dish for special party. The classic duck recipe is still delicious enough to taste. The taste of classic duck recipes are equal with other duck recipes that you have made before.
For you who want to try cooking simple duck dish but still have delicious taste. You should try cooking one of two classic duck recipes that we will share through this article. We guarantee that you will not be disappointed with the taste, especially if you try cooking classic French duck recipe.
Classic Duck Recipes You can Try
Classic Duck Recipes Confit
- Whole duck 2 pieces
- Duck leg 4 pieces
- Coarse salt as much as you need
Yes, those three are the entire ingredients that you need to make delicious classic duck recipes confit. It is using fewer ingredients than other duck recipes that you have made before.
How to Cook Classic Duck Recipes Confit
- First of all, you need to cut the entire fat from the duck meat.
- After that, start rubbing the entire duck meat and also duck leg with coarse salt.
- Store the entire duck that you have rubbed with coarse salt inside of the refrigerator for about 24 hours.
- Make sure to cover the duck meat with using something like plastic cling wrap.
- Meanwhile, you can start mincing down the duck fat.
- Grab a saucepan and put the entire duck fat.
- Melt the entire duck fat with using the lowest heat stove.
- Make sure to sift the melted fat.
- Store the melted duck fat inside of the refrigerator.
- Grab the entire duck meat from the refrigerator. Let it thawed first before cooking it.
- Melt the fat which you stored inside of the refrigerator.
- Rinse the duck meat with water to remove any salt excess.
- Put the duck meat inside of the melted fat. Let it boil.
- Grab a pan and cook the duck meat again. Cook until the entire duck meat turned into golden brown color.
- Voila! You have successfully made classic duck recipes.
Classic Duck Recipes with Sticky Marmalade Sauce
Here are some simple ingredients that you need to cook this classic duck recipe:
- Duck breast 4 pieces
- Bitter orange marmalade 1 cup
- Soy sauce 4 tablespoons
- Duck stock ¼ cup
- Oranges 2 pieces (zested and segmented)
- Sea salt as much as you need
- Pepper as much as you need
Beside of those ingredients, it is good enough to prepare some steamed green vegetable for serving purpose too.
How to Cook Classic Duck Recipes with Sticky Marmalade Sauce
- First, you should score the duck breast properly. Make a diagonal score on the duck breast. However, make sure not to score it too deep.
- Season the duck breast that you have scored with pepper and salt. Do the measurement of salt and pepper as you like.
- Preheat your oven to 190 Celsius degree.
- While waiting your oven to be ready, grab a pan and start pre cooking the duck breast with using medium heat on the stove.
- Pre cook the duck breast until it turned into golden brown color. Set aside.
- While waiting, grab the pan again and start mixing the orange marmalade, duck stock, and soy sauce. Let those ingredients simmered for about 3 minutes.
- Cover the entire duck breast with using the sticky sauce that you have made.
- Roast the duck breast inside of the oven for about 8 minutes to 10 minutes.
- Remove the roasting tray from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Add some orange zest and segmented orange into the pan with the duck breast again.
- Cook it for about 2 minutes to 3 minutes with low heat temperature.
- After that, you only need to slice the duck breast thinly and you have done cooking the second classic duck recipes.
Well, those 2 are the best classic French duck recipe that you can try to cook. From those two classic duck recipes, which one will be the first recipe to try?